Sneak Peek # 2


" Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!"  -Philippians 4:4. Be happy everyone! All who believe in the name of Jesus are goin' to heaven :)

Another sneak peek, already? Wow, is this girl addicted or what? Yes, yes, you're right- I'm positing another sneak peek to my new book, Seeing Triple. I was reading over the last SP and, hey, it's cute and all, but it totally does not end on a cliffhanger. Which is totally not doing my job as a book blogger, cause how am I supposed to pull in the reader without leaving them hanging? (Don't you hate those kind of scenes where the writer gives you the best snippet from the book, and then leaves you hanging so you just have to go and buy it from the store? I know I do.) So I looked through my book, or endless mumbo jumbo of scattered words as I like to call it, and finally found something that kinda ended on a cliffhanger. This next scene features Natalie's (from the first sneak peek) sister, Madi. Natalie, Madi, and Aubrey are identical triplets. Madi and a couple other friends just finished seeing a Switchfoot concert (love them!), and her friend Daniel is just dropping her back off at home. Thanks again for stopping by my blog, everyone, and don't forget to leave comments or feedback and to follow this site! (top right)


Madi
Wrapping up the Concert
What Miracles Are Made Of

“Thanks to everyone for coming out tonight! God bless and good night!”

We join the crowd in applause as they wrap up the show. Then we pick our way through the mess and all the way back to the car. As I’m the closest to Daniel’s house, I’m also the last to get dropped off. He parks the car in my drive, and then walks me up to the front door. We shoot a few baskets in the dark, and then stand outside my front door, just talkin’.

“Thanks for doing this Daniel. I had a lot of fun.”

He grins. “Ah, it was nothing. I’m just glad it made you happy.” 

“Definitely. It totally cheered me up after the…” I search for an appropriate word, “accident.”

“Good,” his warm eyes smile, “I just got the tickets. God worked out all the details. He’s good with stuff like that.”

I nod. “Yes he is.”

“Actually,” He swings his key ring around his finger while he talks, “We kinda got in for free.”

I raise my eyebrows. “How?”

“My cousin has connections with the concert hall director, so he got us some tickets tonight.” He scratches his head and smiles. “I guess when God offers you free tickets; you just know it’s not a coincidence.”

Thank goodness God pays attention to the little details. I don’t know what I would do if he wasn’t such a perfectionist. Then again, I guess that’s just what miracles are made of. I chuckle. Now that’s a God story. “That’s awesome.” The light flickers on outside my front door. Mom’s signal that it’s gettin’ late.

“Well, I guess I gotta go now.”

“Yeah, I guess.” He sticks out his hand and we fist pump. But neither of us goes anywhere. A gust of wind brushes over my house, and the giant Sycamore tree in the front yard bows in the breeze, its colorful leaves fluttering down. I reach over to brush a crimson one off his shoulder, but then he hugs me instead. Fireworks shoot up inside my body, electrifying me with flames and lightning as my body makes contact with his.

It’s only for a brief second, because he pulls back quickly. “Sorry.” He mumbles, looking away. “I don’t know what got into me.”

“No, it’s okay.” I grin, and he looks at me with a small smile. “I don’t mind.”

The wind blows his curly hair out of place, and he flushes. “I uh, I guess I’ll, uh, see ya Monday then. At school.”

“Well actually I’ll see on Sunday, for church.”

“Oh yeah, right.” He nods quickly, and then starts to walk away.

I watch him kick a pebble down the path, on his way back to the car, his shoulders slumped. I shake my head, following after him.

“Daniel, wait!”

He turns around to face me. “Yeah?”

....................

Thanks for reading! Keep scrolling down for more updates, and don't forget to follow me and leave your comments! :)

Blessings,

Karisa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love reading <3. Excitement, anticipation and lots of fun :)

Popular Posts