An Inspiration to Live For

" He must become greater; I must become less." -John 3:30

Talk about the illustration of humility! I can't help but smile every
time I read this verse; it's the eight words I someday hope to sum up
my life with. Getting there... just not quite at "Humble John" level 
yet :) 
 
Something I entered for a question titled as "Who is your biggest
inspiration and why?" PTL indeed...

Everyone's searching. Some find it in Will Ferrell, heart of comedy.
Others look to Oprah, revolutionary for women. Still, whether 
you're gonna call it in Superman or your mother, everyone looks to
someone to name their hero. Half a score and two years ago,
otherwise known as twelve years, I met this figure who would 
become my exemplar for life. Jesus Christ. No; it wasn't amidst a
train wreck. It was a prayer with my mother, and I was four. To 
me, this inspiration means more than a quarterback or model. He’s 
my loving father and best friend. He delivers me sunrises each 
morning and flowers every spring. My picture in his wallet and on 
his refrigerator, he counts the hairs on my head, capturing my tears 
in his hand. Once you’ve filled this God-shaped hole, you 
recognize  His presence everywhere. I listen through whispering 
trees and worship songs that tug my heart. I admire through a girl 
dancing, an old man reading the Bible. The answer to cries and 
value to purpose, He strengthens me to stand up after the fall, 
living each day to its fullest, humbly loving others. Throughout the 
eleven times I moved, Jesus has been this steadfast refuge. His 
everlasting love sweeps me from my pits, carrying me home. I wish 
I could describe more, yet words cannot explain the unfathomable. 
Without Him life is less; with Him there’s magnitude. Hope to lost, 
healer to broken- Jesus Christ, dearest inspiration. To me, He is 
everything. 

Comments

Popular Posts