How The Book Got It's Title

"How he loves us all."
David Crowder Band.  
Yes indeed, DCB, God loves us all unconditionally :) Look up this song; it's one of my fave's.


Hello everyone!!!


I just checked my view page, and it's finally reached 500. Yayy! :D Thank you so much for all your support in checking up on my blog, it means the world to me. My friend helped me find a Christian publishing group, and I should be submitting my cover letter to them shortly. Please, please keep us in your prayers! 

Soooo, if this is your first time here, welcome to my blog!! I'm Karisa, and this is the place where I get to update you on all my Seeing Triple stuff :) That's my book. Anyways, just in case some of you were wondering how the book got its title, I've enclosed the snippet where the triplet's make their long-awaited "moment" of the story. Yes, they're gonna trade places eventually, I mean their identical sisters, for crying out loud! Well, hope you like it, and that I don't overwhelm you with sisterly cheesiness :) Enjoy.


Natalie
My Room

Knock, knock!

The three of us jump as someone raps on my door.

“Come in!”

Mom opens the door and steps inside. “How are my girls?”

“Good,” Aubrey beams.

Mom smiles. “The school called with your testing results.”

Bre’s face lights up. “What did they say?”

“Actually, Natalie, I was talking to your sister. They said it’s available at the front office, Aubrey.”

But she doesn’t say this to Aubrey. She says it to Madi.

“Are you wearing makeup, Madi?” she turns to me with a surprised smile.

My eyebrows shoot halfway up my forehead. Me? Madi? Since when do I look like Madi? Well actually since birth, I guess.

“Yeah.”

She smiles. “It looks nice dear.”

“Thanks,” I manage to squeak out.

“Well, good night girls; don’t stay up too late.”

“Good night, Mom!”

She smiles and closes the door behind her.

And for once, I almost can’t believe what I just seemed to witness.

Mom mixed us up.

Madi's View

Everything converts to slow-mo, as Mom clicks the door shut and the three of us freeze in place. Like the chick-flick kinda movies that Natalie forces us to watch with her Friday nights. Only this is better. Because this is real reality plus sheer geniousness.

“Guys,” I turn slowly towards them, a grin spreading up my face. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

“That it is sad how our own mother cannot tell the difference between us?” Aubrey shakes her head.

“No,” I pounce onto Natalie’s bed, “well that too. But I just came up with an idea. What I’m saying is, is that maybe- well maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea if we actually followed through with what Mom said.”

Natalie picks up her purple brush and sweeps her hair onto one side. “Like officially trading clothes?”

No,” my hazel eyes light up, “I’m talking about trading places.”

Natalie's hair brush clatters to the floor in one loud, Clatter!


“Well, if it were not for the outfit changes, you think I would be seeing double,” Aubrey looks towards Natalie’s full length mirror hanging on the wall.

We all turn to take a glance at our reflections. Staring back at me is one sleepy fashionista, one stage-frightened Einstein, and one crippled super star. And she’s right on one part; we do look pretty darn similar.

But that’s where Aubrey was also wrong. She wasn’t seeing double.

She was seeing triple

..............

Thanks for reading, everyone! Keep checking up for new updates, and please keep Seeing Triple in yours prayers :) As of August something (I have the exact date somewhere lost in a folder), I had officially finished writing the novel. From there it's been a long editing process, thanks to super supporting friends and family, and I've finally now begun contacting publishers. I'll post any updates on Seeing Triple's whereabouts, but until then keep stopping by and please spread the news about my blog to friends and family! I need all the support I can get :) 

God bless, and shine on my fellow stars.

Blessings,

Karisa 





Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats on your 500 views! :) Keep up the good workkk!

Popular Posts